How to get started
- Get an account on AWS (if you don't have one already)
- Get an account on github.com (if you don't have one already)
- Login to devPanel using your github account (highly recommended)
- Create a new Workspace (workspaces are fully self-contained projects) you can create as many as you like
- Go into your workspace and click on "Create Server"
- Click "Configure Provisioner." Provisioners are how we access your AWS account. The credentials that you provide here are kept securely in a digital vault.
- On AWS, create a new IAM user, called 'devPanel' for example, with admin programmatic access (devPanel uses the AWS API). See step-by-step instructions
- Copy & paste the “Access Key” and “Secret Key” from AWS into devPanel and Save it
- That's it... you're done creating your AWS provisioner on devPanel
- You can now create as many servers as you want in that devPanel workspace
Notes & Tips
- Note: You'll have to setup a provisioner for each new Workspace/Project
- Tip: Create a new IAM user for each Workspace/Project
- Tip: If you're doing work for a client, create the IAM user under their AWS account. That way, they get billed by AWS directly